Evans Resource Solutions, has immediate openings for Sorter / Dock Labor with our customer in Milan, IL. The main responsibility of the Sorter is to sort freight by route and stop number. Once all of the freight has been sorted it is hand loaded into a delivery vehicles. The load must be organized and easy for the Driver to find the freight and deliver. Sorters also need to take care that the load is safe and will not be damaged in transit. Sorters perform work which is similar to the responsibilities of a Material Handler or General Laborer.
This is a part time, evening position. Perfect as a second job or to work around a busy school schedule. The shift schedule is Monday through Friday from 4 pm to 8 pm. Starting hourly pay is $11.00.
The position is located at the John Deere National Parts Distribution Center in Milan, but you would be working for one of the delivery services. Evans will only consider applicants that respond to this ad. No applications are accepted at the worksite.
Primary Job Duties:
- Pick up freight delivered to the dock area and look for the route and stop code.
- Scan bar code to prove it was received on the dock.
- Place freight into the proper route rack in order of stop.
- Initial freight to indicate it was sorted properly.
- Assist others in carrying freight that weighs more than 60 pounds.
- When the carrier arrives load the correct route into the trailer.
- Scan all freight as it is loaded.
- Load freight in proper order so the last stop is in the nose of the trailer and the first stop is on the tail of the trailer.
- Stack lighter parts on heavier items and use straps to brace load.
- Complete load description paperwork and turn into the Operations Manager.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work in a team setting or independently.
- Excellent attendance.
- Good hand writing skills.
For more information please call 313-827-9180.