The Public Schools of Brookline seeks a sound engineer for live and/or recorded mixing for our school our productions, including but not limited to musicals, plays, concerts and recordings. You will set up and operate sound equipment in live events, recordings and/or pre and post-productions to ensure the best acoustic result. We seeks a creative technician who has a good ear, is experienced with a variety of audio equipment and has an understanding of how to produce the highest quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow instructions and details from directors, producers, etc.
- Set up and test sound equipment before events, broadcasts or recordings
- Enhance sound quality and add sound effects as needed
- Play backing tracks and special effects as needed
- Collaborate with lighting, camera and others
- Resolve technical issues when they arise