Description: Responsible for strategically sourcing and leading a combination of IT assignments and commodities/categories of moderate to high complexity and risk, in support of Sourcing & Procurement Solutions (SPS) objectives. This role has responsibility to manage supplier relationships and consult with key clients by coordinating and or leading sourcing/project teams. This role utilizes the Strategic Sourcing Methodology to deliver procurement value which enables clients to deliver on their commitments. This role independently drafts communications, compliance/usage reports, memos, presentation materials, and demand management policy/guidelines in support of assigned commodities/ assignments the IT category.
* Proactively assess IT sourcing and category opportunities by gathering spend information, company purchasing patterns, competitive position, structured analysis of supplier/category industry, economics, market conditions, and expiring contracts to make recommendations based on these findings.
* Collaborate with clients to understand their business needs and objectives and establish requirements.
* Establish IT sourcing strategies which include evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution.
* Effectively drive execution of the IT sourcing strategy for key projects which includes ability to create and utilize the most appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, identify supply alternatives (inclusive of diverse suppliers), effectively communicate with suppliers, and influence cross functional teams / advisory groups.
* Develop supplier selection criteria and gain client alignment; facilitate cross functional teams to evaluate supplier responses to select finalists (participate if appropriate) and effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to involved clients, management, impacted employees and suppliers, as appropriate.
* Negotiate contract terms and perform all aspects of the contract process:
o Gather and/or jointly develop and document client requirements
o Establish and execute a negotiation strategy.
o Conduct contract and price negotiations with supplier.
o Collaborate and communicate with AIS, Legal, Privacy, Risk Management, Treasury, and internal client throughout the contracting process to develop and document final terms and conditions that comply with requirements.
o Execute all contracts in the contract repository.
* Develop and execute an overarching category strategy and plan for applicable categories.
Skills & Experience
Knowledge of IT procurement techniques and principles
Sourcing IT sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
Knowledge of assigned commodity the Information Technology industry / marketplace /business sector
Sourcing for moderate to high complexity commodities IT projects
Experience with RFP development and execution
Strong negotiation experience
Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to interact independently with both internal customers and external suppliers at all staff levels
Project management and organizational skills
Ability to prioritize projects and review with management
Advanced analytical capabilities, including cost models
Ability to conduct issue analysis, solution development, and conflict resolution
Ability to influence actions/decisions of customers and suppliers (at all levels)
Formulate strategies and approaches to achieve project objectives
Ability to develop Development of junior level employees (directly or indirectly)
Awareness of corporate and SPS goals
Ownership of and input into departmental direction
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178