Sourcing Senior Specialist - Procurement
The Sourcing Senior Specialist will support and assist Technology Hardware Sourcing Manager with day-to-day Technology Sourcing Activities. An intermediate-level role that leads strategic sourcing, contracting, and supplier management activities for assigned categories. Supports purchasing and supply management activities for assigned spend categories in achieving the goal of significant cost reductions, productivity improvements, and maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels. The Strategic Senior Sourcing Specialist reports to the Strategic Sourcing Manager or Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager.
- Works closely with Strategic Sourcing Manager / Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager to implement on category sourcing strategies and manage day-to-day supplier relationships
- Works with internal business stakeholders to obtain input and requirements for sourcing activities and ensure adherence to established procedures
- Works with suppliers to ensure contract compliance and address day-to-day issues and inquiries
- Leads complex sourcing, contracting, and supply management activities for assigned categories through a defined sourcing methodology (RFx)
- Gathers complex data, draws insights, and executes data analysis for sourcing initiatives
- Conducts category-specific market research, uses insights to provide supplier market intelligence, and realize identified savings opportunities
- Builds total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis to support sourcing initiatives
- Builds and maintains key stakeholder relationships
- Develops deep understanding of descriptions of the product and service offerings, and capabilities and strengths/weakness of current suppliers
- Partners with Legal, Finance, and other business functions to obtain needed support
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills with comfort using standard analysis methods and tools
- Is proactive, inquisitive, self-motivated, and has a growth mindset
- Has a sense of urgency and pace, managing milestones with capacity to prioritize/align conflicting demands
- Ability to function in ambiguous and/or time-sensitive situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively to multiple levels
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve results
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years work experience in procurement, or equivalent
- Specific commodity experience preferred
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.