Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
THIS IS A FULL TIME BENEFITTED JOHNS HOPKINS HEALTH SYSTEMS POSITION
Reports into the Sourcing Lead (non-clinical and purchased services) of the Supply Chain Sourcing team at Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) and is responsible for executing against a sourcing strategy for the assigned non-clinical items and purchased services. This includes leading day to day contracting activities for assigned categories such as supporting the drafting and negotiating of contracts, supporting the monitoring of contract performance and supporting the development, evaluation and maintenance of vendor relationships and options. This position works with the legal department according to defined processes and procedures. In addition, the non-clinical and purchased services Sourcing Specialist is responsible for supporting with conducting benchmarking activities, reviewing industry best practice and will collaborate with Contract Analysts to achieve cost savings, increase quality, and build and maintain a competitive contracting portfolio for non-clinical items and purchased services. The process of managing contracts in the assigned non-clinical items and purchased services should at all times be aligned with the vision for the future of Supply Chain, namely, sourcing the best quality products at the best price, treating customers with service orientation and focusing on supply chain excellence internally. The Sourcing Specialist may also be assigned additional tasks as required.
- Ability to support execution of contracting strategies for the assigned non-clinical items and purchased services in line with JHHS Supply Chain’s strategic vision of sourcing the best quality products at the best price, treating customers with service orientation and focusing on supply chain excellence internally
- Ability to support contract drafting, negotiation and contract management
- Analytical skills to inform sourcing/contracting strategies (e.g. benchmarking, industry/market analysis and spend analysis)
- Ability to support development and maintenance of vendor relationships
- Relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support identification and implementation of cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives (e.g. pricing, standardization and utilization)
- Ability to support management of internal customer and supplier relationships to ensure successful contract implementation and operational effectiveness
- Ability to work with Contract Analysts
Bachelor's degree required.
3 years experience in a health care setting sourcing, purchasing/contracting field.
Microsoft office (Excel and Word), benchmarking tools, and ERP applications.
Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Ability to support the overall goals and objectives of the department
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.