Thank you for your interest in Sonoco! If you are a more experienced professional, please see our Corporate Careers page for positions that would be most suitable for you. We look forward to receiving your application.
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel- we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company- it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, you will be responsible to develop and implement sourcing strategies for the assigned project spends, while ensuring the results of the process result in optimum service, quality, and cost to the company with an acceptable level of supply risk.
As a Sourcing Specialist, your responsibilities include:
- Lead sourcing team engagements to analyze marketplace and business needs, and develop strategies to effectively source assigned spend categories
- Lead cross-functional sourcing projects for low to medium complexity spend categories and/or low to medium impact spends
- Be the 3SP expert and use the end to end process effectively for all sourcing projects to yield the optimum results
- With some leadership support, be capable to complete resource assessment, change management, and influence tasks required for each project
- Create the sourcing project plan, derived from the needs and the appropriate sourcing process steps menu, and document the project plan for the project team to effectively follow the plan in an organized manner
- Become proficient in the use a broad set of analytical tools to evaluate success of a project in terms of financial results, timing, and value of supply strategy selected
- Execute the end to end strategic sourcing process enabling the achievement of category strategic plans and department needs. Completion of the 3SP is not limited to, but will include:
- Become the subject matter experts in application of sourcing process, understand various sourcing methods, and know when to apply each method
- Assess business needs
- Structure events to optimize leverage and results
- Run sourcing events - reverse auctions, bids, RFxs
- Evaluate results, make recommendation, and ensure alignment
- Steward of the sourcing process to ensure that every sourcing project completes the requisite steps necessary to meet the category objectives
- Support global sourcing projects as necessary based an annual pipeline plan
- Strategic and event buying as needed for smaller spend but critical categories
This position is in a perfect location at our global headquarters in Hartsville, SC and close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC).
- You will be expected to have a 4 year degree
- You will be expected to have 3+ years of sourcing experience, or competency in related fields
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.