Purchase commodities for direct material in support of Springs Window Fashions operations, at the most competitive cost, best possible quality and most-timely delivery. Reports into the Global Commodity Manager, and will support the execution of associated sourcing initiatives. Locate, establish, and maintain relationships of the highest degree of integrity with all suppliers. Secure on-time delivery of all products. Confirm terms & conditions; including warranty, price, discount, warehousing, and delivery. Drive the best global supply of commodities; including identifying opportunities, utilizing cross-functional resources to implement projects through six sigma rigor, and speed in execution. Use e-commerce tools to execute auctions and expedite project implementation. Participate in team activities on a strategic level in finding global opportunities, qualifying new sources, creating strategic supplier relationships, and improving sourcing processes
* Assist with the development of commercial agreements or spot purchases required to support business partners and manufacturing sites.
* Assist with the development of strategic sourcing strategies and plans.
* Ensure that negotiated agreements, and terms and conditions are being met.
* Aggressively pursue and create competitive purchase environment by constantly seeking alternate supply scenarios.
* Define and develop appropriate cross-functional relationships with the Business’s Supply Chain, and other functions.
* Assist in identifying Low Cost Country sourcing opportunities.
* Resolve process or supplier related issues as escalated from the Businesses where the tactical teams need support.
* Maintain knowledge of suppliers and relevant market developments such as Mergers & Acquisitions, financial status, and changes in key personnel.
* Responsible for executing sourcing projects and initiatives as assigned.
* Accountability to provide analytical support in commercial negotiations and supplier selections within assigned commodities.
* Support cross-business synergy efforts for assigned projects.
* Supports a pipeline of cost savings projects for sustainable year over year productivity, or cost down.
* Support new product development projects and other tactical sourcing responsibilities such as price updates, sample delivery tracking, etc. as required
Critical Success Factors
* Participate and coordinate sourcing activities in design changes (ECN) and New Product Development (NPD)
* Work with Engineering, Quality and testing to prioritize sourcing activities
* Routinely conduct spend analysis activities identifying strategic sourcing opportunities within assigned commodities and throughout the supply chain environment where applicable
* Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future industry trends in pricing and availability that will impact the business
* Effective technical and analytical skills
* Initiative to challenge inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations.
* Utilization of data analysis skills to effectively identify value opportunities.
* Initiative to seek professional development, continuous learning
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical competency, minimum in a business/industrial related field. Preferred MBA
* 1 - 3 years sourcing/procurement related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work with a cross functional team including engineering, quality, materials, logistics, sales & marketing.
* Project management experience
* Strong analytical and quantitative abilities. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Microsoft Project.
* Willingness to travel occasionally
* Demonstrated leadership
* Ability to influence and work on a team
* Experience in manufacturing and material buying activities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
* Demonstrated problem resolution and crisis management
* Self-motivated with business perspective
* Accomplishments which reflect teamwork, integrity, accountability and speed