The sous chefs will work alongside management, and kitchen and support staff to provide a great food to help create a great dinner experience to restaurant guests, while maintaining a professional attitude and work environment. Sous Chefs will be responsible for the accurate creation and presentation of all food items to guests in the dining room and in the lounge. Sous Chefs will be responsible for maintaining kitchen operations including labor management, kitchen cleanliness and product consistency to Perry’s standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of kitchen, food prep and service operations alongside Executive Chef and General Manager.
- Insure quality and accuracy in preparation of all menu items
- Butcher all proteins
- Assist in preparation of all prep and menu items as needed.
- Execute all paperwork associated with Chef position
- Learn and master all computer and administrative duties related to Chef position.
- Learn and be able to execute all kitchen positions effectively to be able teach, and assist staff members.
- Manage back of house labor, meeting Perry’s goals and guest requirements.
- Responsible for ordering, stocking and managing inventory levels and quality.
- Must maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Good listening skills and communication skills
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout the kitchen and back of house areas.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and some holidays.
- Servsafe or similar Food Manager Certificate may be required depending upon store location.
- Basic computer skills preferred. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Email and Open Table experience is preferred.
- Experience with Aloha preferred but not required
- Experience with Compeat preferred but not required
- Experience with Hot Schedules preferred but not required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age based upon state requirements to serve alcohol.
- Must have had at least 3 years of restaurant chef experience required, fine dining experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of cooking techniques is required.
- Basic knowledge and experience of inventory management.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Basic math skill proficiency.
- Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listen to others, ask questions to verify understanding, and use tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Computer Savvy: The knowledge and ability to use computers and technology efficiently and effectively. Ability to learn and implement new systems quickly and accurately.
- Sales Savvy: The ability to influence the customer to purchase more expensive items, upgrades, or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale.
- Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
- Teamwork: Look for ways to assist managers and other staff members to ensure guests are provided the best service according to Perry’s Restaurants standards.
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (8-12 hour shifts).
- Ability to constantly lift up to 50 pounds without issue.
- Ability to work in an environment that has exposures to cold, heat, and water
- Able to lift, reach, bend and stoop
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time