Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At TD Garden, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites catering, restaurant services and retail operations for our partner, the NHL’s Boston Bruins and the NBA's Boston Celtics. We’re working behind the scenes and on the front lines – making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.
The 1928 Club is a dedicated destination for full-season Club Seating clients to dine, lounge and socialize. This 7,500-sq. ft. club pays homage to the storied history of the Boston Garden and features an expansive bar, lounge and waited-seating options. The Chef dedicated to the 1928 Club will curate specialty, high-end menus to be paired with premium cocktails, wine and drafts.Responsibilities
- The successful Sous Chef will be responsible for daily supervision and production of all 1928 Club operations including game and non-game day events. The Sous Chef supervises and works to develop the culinary staff in the club.
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends
- Ensures culinary staff adheres to all Delaware North policies and procedures, Food Safety standards, GuestPath standards and all other policies and procedures
- Training and developing of staff
- Responsible for the procurement of all food products while following company specifications
- Menu Development as well as ordering and inventory for the department.
- Ability to control food waste and identify opportunities for improvement of food/labor costs
- Ensures that all progressive disciplinary procedures are followed as outlined by Delaware North and that all employees under him/her are given fair and equitable treatment
- Creates a highly functional, teamwork-orientated back of house team
- 3 to 5 years Culinary Arts experience. More specifically, experience as a Sous Chef or Executive Sous Chef in an upscale, high-volume restaurant.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
- The ideal candidate is extremely reliable, detail-oriented, and proficient with all basic cooking techniques
- Strong organizational, communication and PC skills.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- ServSafe Certification required.
- Must obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.