If you are passionate about catering and have strong catering industry experience, then we want to hear from you. Our company is in need of a hard-working, self-motivated Sous Chef to join our team. The Sous Chef will manage the kitchen, develop menus and create recipes. The ideal candidate for this position is creative, enthusiastic and passionate about food and presentation.Those with knowledge of diverse and unique cuisines are a must. Strong Banquet experience required.
- Reports directly to Corporate Chef
- Oversee food quality, presentation, menu execution, food preparation
- Uphold high sanitation practices and training with catering staff.
- Hire, train and supervise kitchen staff
- Stay current on industry trends
- Identify new culinary techniques and presentations
- High school diploma/GED required (two-year culinary degree preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in a kitchen position
- Demonstrated knowledge of current industry trends
- Must possess culinary creativity
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal food sanitation regulations
- Comfortable providing direction and supervision to kitchen staff
Professional Resume required.
Professional References required - upon request.
Culinary demonstration may be required.
Competitive Benefit package – based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00and up/year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sous Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- ServSafe (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Bi weekly
- Employer-supplied uniform
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift