The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Culinary Director and meeting or exceeding the expectations of the residents by providing quality meals and excellent service. The Sous Chef will oversee the day to day operation of the culinary department in absence of the Culinary Director. The culinary team prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner to be plated and served to our residents daily. Sous Chefs are personable and friendly individuals who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Are you looking to make a true impact in your next career move? At Sagora Senior Living, we strive to put our residents first in all we do. A position with Sagora offers the opportunity to build meaningful, lasting rapport with our senior residents. Come work alongside other dedicated associates who care, just like you.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including insurance, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay, and on-demand pay allowing access to earned funds outside of regular pay-days among other company perks. If you are interested in joining our mission to change lives, apply now!
- Community name: Lakeview at Josey Ranch
- City, State: Carrollton, TX
- Community details: www.sagora.com/lakeview/
- Status: Part Time/Full Time
- Assist Culinary Director in day to day oversight and supervision of the culinary department as assigned
- Preparing menu items in accordance with recipes
- Cooking � la carte items
- Presenting a finished plate to be served and enjoyed
- Maintaining a safe, sanitary, clean and organized cooking area
- Assist with inventory and ordering of food and non-food supplies
- Train and counsel food service associates
- One or more years of work experience as a Sous Chef or Assistant Culinary Director in a commercial kitchen
- Current ServSafe Certification and Food Handler�s permit required as regulated by state and local authorities
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with residents, families, guests, and other associates in English
- Ability to use math to calculate recipes and costing
- Must have skills necessary to prepare dishes for specialized diets
Sagora does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Sagora is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.