The Aviary seeks a Sous Chef to join our team in Chicago. The ideal candidate has extraordinary attention to detail, exacting focus, and strong kitchen management experience. This role requires dedication, passion, creativity, and the ability to persevere through challenging services while constantly striving to maintain the standards of The Alinea Group and our leaders.
- 5 years+ as Chef de Partie and/or 2 years+ as Sous Chef
- Knowledge of national and international restaurants/bars of similar standing
Manage daily kitchen operations including, but not limited to:
- Ability to teach and run all stations with precision and consistency
- Daily inventory and ordering
- Auditing all kitchen areas and staff for compliance with health code
- Assisting CDC staff training and further education
- Assisting CDC with staff scheduling
- Lead by example and maintain a positive work environment
- Work under the guidance of our CDC, Executive Chef, and Alinea Group leadership
Compensation and Benefits:
- Exempt Salaried position, depending on experience.
- Medical, vision, dental and life benefits available on the 1st of the month following full-time employment.
- Paid time off
- 401(K) with company match up to 4% of deferred earnings, and CTA/Transit discount available on the 1st of the month following full-time employment.
- Employee Dining Discount, 20% at any Alinea Group restaurant
The Alinea Group values diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
Must be eligible to legally work in the United States. We use E-Verify.