Sous Chef / Culinary Manager
We are growing and are looking for passionate individuals who share our love for providing an excellent culinary experience, warm small-town hospitality and exceptional service to our guests.
Our Lazy Dog culture is something that's truly special, we celebrate successes together and have a deeply rooted culture of caring! If you thrive on flawless food handling and preparation at the highest standard to include; food safety & storage; sanitation; holding; cooking and presentation, then this is the job for you!
- Strong full-service, high-volume hospitality background
- You have 2 years of high volume culinary management experience.
- You demonstrate basic English/Spanish communication skills.
- You have a strong guest service/culinary background
- Ability to train, develop, and coach a group of talented people
- Build lasting relationships with trust and respect on all levels
- Must be excited about achieving personal and professional growth
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacations
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, life, FSA
- 50 hour work week
- Company paid meal dining privileges
- 401K plans
About Lazy Dog Restaurant:
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar is a family-run group of restaurants based out of Southern California. We exist to nourish connections for our guests, teammates, and communities. Lazy Dog Restaurant is a place that provides warm, small-town hospitality and handcrafted food and drink. All served in a social setting so that people can enjoy the moment and the relationships around the table.
Inspired by the lifestyle in the Rocky Mountains, where founder Chris Simms spent much of his childhood, this family-run group of restaurants offers the perfect environment for a week-night dinner, a meandering meal with old friends or a big night out. Open for lunch and dinner daily with an extensive bar program that includes specialty cocktails made from fresh ingredients, a wide selection of craft beers, local beers and Lazy Dog's own house beer selection. Lazy Dog is proud to be a neighborhood culinary destination that cultivates happy guests and be the place for communities to celebrate mealtime together.
For a glimpse of our culture check out the links below:
Top 10 Emerging Brands
Lazy Dog Trailer:
Great Place to Work - Check out what our Teammates are saying about us!
Visit us at https://www.facebook.com/lazydogcareers
For a glimpse of our culture visit us at www.lazydogrestaurants.com/jobs
- 2 - 5 years: Sous Chef or Culinary Manager with high volume experience: Strong Guest Service hospitality background. Ability to train, develop, and coach a group of talented people
- High School or better
- Some college or better
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- ServSafe Card
- Inventory Management
- Managed 10 or more
- Interview Skills
- Purchasing Products
- Shift opening and closing exp
- Training and Development
- Coaching and Counseling
- Vendor Management
- Donation-Matching Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision