At this time, we are seeking a Sous Chef to join our team!
- Plans, tests and costs new menus and menu items for daily breakfast, lunch and dinner meal services, as well as special events.
- Orders, distributes and stocks using cost control all food supplies. Inspects the quality and quantity of these items when delivered.
- Maintains food and nutritional standards set by the company.
- Functions as a supervisor over cooks and other food service personnel engaged in the preparation, cooking and serving of food items.May also participate as a team member in food preparation.
- Assists in training and instruction employees on food preparation, cooking and serving of food items to insure that all items are presented properly.
- Assigns and monitors all work activities of food service personnel.
- Coordinates work flow and schedules to ensure that deadlines are met, and that policies and procedures are followed.
- Participates in interviewing and selection of food service personnel, as well as the performance and evaluation of assigned employees.
- Recommends personnel actions including hiring, termination, promotion, discipline, as well as layoff and recall.
- Ability to read and understand recipes and menus, work in a team environment, work flexible shifts, handle multiple tasks at one time and communicate effectively verbally and/or in writing.
- Ability to lead or supervise other employees, perform detail work involving math calculations, problem solve, handle emergency situations.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism. Ability to interact with residents who are highly susceptible to common illness without posing additional health risks and must maintain good personal hygiene and wear a uniform.
- Culinary Arts degree from recognized school with two years related experience as a Sous Chef or Lead Cook in a comparable size food service operation is desired.
- Ability to hire, train and manage food service personnel, and provide effective work direction.