Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
In the role of Sous Chef and member of the Dining Services team, you will be responsible to prepare nutritious, appetizing, and attractive meals for our residents and ensure a smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen.
- Review menus and food-production instructions and prepare meals following Holiday menus and recipes while ensuring portion-control standards.
- Oversee preparation and set-up of service to serve nutritious food, attractively garnished in a punctual manner.
- Follow food safe handling procedures in preparation as well as proper procedures for covering, labeling, dating, and storing food.
- Accurately complete logs in a timely manner i.e., refrigerator, freezer and production sheets
- Follow Holiday sanitation standards by effectively cleaning while working, including preparation and serving areas, pots and pans, kitchen surfaces, walls, and floors, using appropriate cleaning schedules and charts.
- In absence of the Executive Chef, oversee the food service staff and overall kitchen operations.
- Focus on resident satisfaction and resolve any food-compliant issues as needed.
- Perform administrative duties including menu planning, ordering, receiving, invoice processing, inventory, end-of-month report, staffing and payroll if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in industry or full-service restaurant cooking
- Effective communication in English and excellent customer service skills
- Experience mentoring and directing others
- Ability to prepare and follow recipes
- General knowledge of and ability to conform to sanitation and safe food handling practices
- Basic Computer skills
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Holiday Retirement is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, gender identity or expression, or other protected categories according to state and local laws.
Req ID: 68363