POSITION: Sous Chef
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Sous Chef at Savor...Kent. The Sous Chef reports to the Executive Chef with responsibilities to include food preparation, inventory control and quality control.
* Assist the Executive Chef in the planning and management of all back of the house operational aspects of a multi-purpose catering operation.
* Assist with the orientation, training and scheduling of kitchen staff.
* Work with EC to develop new products, menus and concepts to increase revenues and profit margins while maintaining a high quality product.
* Work with EC to monitor control systems to include recipe standardization which assure menu quality and portion consistency.
* Inspect recipe compliance and quality controls are met throughout the production process.
* Maintain food costs and budget goals.
* Attend internal event-related meetings and relay immediate changes to other internal departments.
* Maintain brand standard for operations and company's internal brands.
* Support, train and implement the company's sustainability objective and goals.
* Knowledge and compliance of food and health codes.
* Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 2 years as a Sous Chef or Banquet Chef in a high volume catering operation is required.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Must possess a passion for exceeding expectations and a commitment to excellence.
* Must be flexible, have a sense of urgency, be able to respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues.
* Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
* Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
* Must adhere to local Health Department codes.
* Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
* Advanced oral and written communication skills.
* Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
* Ability to be creative with food presentations and maintain a quality product.
* Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management.
* Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Food Handler Card
Applications can be found at www.accessoshowarecenter.com/venue/employment (http://www.accessoshowarecenter.com/venue/employment).
625 W James St.
Kent, WA 98032
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 253-856-6706.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled