The Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef in providing direction and guidance for production of food to include: implementation of systematic production methods, standardized recipes, portion control, menu development and purchasing requirements. In carrying out assigned responsibilities, the Sous Chef must comply with all client policies and regulatory agencies
Successful candidates will have previous leadership and food service management experience, college degree preferred. Culinary Arts Degree or BS Degree - Food Service or Hospitality Management Program
- Maintain strict confidence regarding company related matters.
- Follow directions from Executive Chef or Director regarding other related duties.
- Maintain strict following of recipes for all food production & products.
- Must have proficient knife skills.
- Counts accurate inventory of all items in all food storage areas.
- Maintains FIFO of freight in assigned areas.
- Produces menu items by time line requirements.
- Maintains all HACCP standard operating procedures.
- Ensures a clean & sanitary work station/area by practicing the clean as your go method. Cleans down tables/utensils before and after each assignment.
- Maintain all prepared items are labeled with the following information; item inside container, date item is prepped, use by date and initials of person who prepped the item.
- Performs all cooking methods and preparation methods on proteins, vegetables, starches & other ingredients according to recipe within prescribed time frame to complete all service times for restaurants or functions contracts in an accurate & rapid manner.
- Mentor other team members
- Other duties as directed
- 2 years prior restaurant/ country club experience helpful
- 2 years prior healthcare experience helpful
- Professional kitchen environment experience
- Scratch base cooking
- Culinary Arts degree a plus
Thomas Cuisine is an award-winning, privately-held contract food service company operating in 18 states and growing. We advocate the healing power of whole foods. We believe in preparing scratch-made cuisine fresh each day. Our clients include hospitals, upscale senior living communities and corporate dining facilities. Every Thomas Cuisine team member is an ambassador, carrying out our mission, reflecting our values and building relationships while "doing the right thing". We seek to make a valuable difference to those we serve- one nutritious meal at a time
REAL Food | Genuine Service | Enduring Relationships
See job description