Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Sous Chef, Octagon
The Sous Chef is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen and is first-in-command on a day-to-day basis, managing all other food preparation Associates. This is a key position that drives the motivation and productivity of the culinary team. The Sous Chef reports to the Executive Chef.
Job duties include; although are not limited to:
- Scheduling kitchen staff and ensuring schedules are posted in a timely manner
- Consistently tracking kitchen inventory, preparing and ordering all items for the restaurant and bar menus
- Recruiting staff and monitoring their performance
- Assisting in maintaining the overall food and labor cost
- Ensuring the opening and closing procedures for kitchen staff are completed
- Executing all production and plating in a timely, efficient manner; meeting and exceeding guest expectations
- Ensuring that standards pertaining to storage, rotation, production, portions, quality and appearance are followed at all times
- Maintaining food quality and ensuring guest satisfaction
- Assisting in developing control procedures and enforcing them
- Working closely with the Executive Chef on menu development and recipe standardization
- Taking responsibility for shift during absence of the Executive Chef
- Monitoring equipment maintenance and condition
- Responding accurately and completely to guests and Associates via written and verbal communication to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions, and provide service as required
- Knowing all state/local health codes and ordinances and ensuring that kitchen is in compliance
- Memorizing food recipes and food preparation instructions
- Remaining aware of culinary trends and always seeking to improve
- Culinary school graduate or related training required
- Previous experience in hospitality or club operations preferred
- Ability to accurately and effectively communicate in verbal and written form with guests and Associates
- Experience implementing new food concepts and menus
- Experience with creating schedules, labor costing, payroll administration, and Associate performance management required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an environment with time constraints
- Must possess applicable state/local licenses and certifications
Constant standing and walking throughout shift. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water. The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Montage Recruitment Manager at (949) 715-1396 and/or email such as email@example.com.