POSITION: Sous Chef
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
About Savor...Seattle at McCaw Hall
Take advantage of a great opportunity to support the arts in your community. SAVOR... is proud to be the exclusive Food & Beverage provider at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall at the Seattle Center, home of the Seattle Opera and the Pacific Northwest Ballet. We are looking to build our team of culinary professionals working to provide an excellent experience for patrons of the arts, community members, and special event guests.
The primary function of the Sous Chef is to supervise kitchen operations at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, home of the Pacific Northwest Ballet and the Seattle Opera. Service is provided pre-show and during intermission at multiple concessions outlets, two banquet rooms, and a 200-seat restaurant. This position is full-time, primarily evening and weekend shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Supervise the planning, organization and preparation of food products in a timely manner while maintaining the recipe, quality, and presentation standards of SAVOR...Seattle.
* Oversee all food production, presentation, and service for catered events.
* Supervision, scheduling, and training of part-time Kitchen staff including line cooks, prep cooks, and stewards.
* Vendor management and ordering for food products and culinary vendors.
* Ensure that subordinate staff maintain proper sanitation and organization in all storage areas, prep stations, and service locations.
* Participate in menu and recipe development for all services for SAVOR...Seattle.
* Effectively communicate with all internal teams and interface effectively with other departments. Attend regularly scheduled meetings with SAVOR...McCaw Hall in support of kitchen operations.
* In the absence of the Executive Chef, ensure proper service for all food outlets and operations.
* Meet SAVOR...McCaw Hall uniform and appearance standards at all times.
* Hold current Food Worker's Card.
* Other duties as assigned based on event needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the ability, skill, and/or experience required to succeed in this positon.
* English language and professional verbal communication skills.
* Minimum of 3 year previous experience as a Sous Chef or kitchen supervisor is required. Previous experience in banquets is required.
* Ability to take direction and work well in a team environment.
* Ability to work calmly and effectively in a high pressure environment.
* Commitment to exceptional guest service.
* This position will require long periods of standing, walking and navigating stairs.
* Direct contact with guests, managers and employees
* This position works in a loud noise environment.
* Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds
Compensation is dependent on experience and ranges from $48,000-$55,000. Benefits include health insurance, 401k, paid vacations and holidays, and phone allowance. This position is primarily evening and weekend shifts. All Food & Beverage scheduling is dependent on McCaw Hall's events calendar.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Savor...Seattle at McCaw Hall
305 Harrison St.
Seattle, WA 98109
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (206) 615-0234.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled