The Grand Tier Restaurant is set within one of the most spectacular cultural destinations in the world. Located inside Lincoln Center’s Metropolitan Opera House, it is a tribute to elegance and artistry.
This high-status and high-volume location requires our talented restaurant team of culinary and hospitality professionals who embody this world-class cultural dining experience. Patina Restaurant Group is seeking similarly passionate individuals to share in this vocation with us. We are dedicated to facilitating growth and development of our employees' careers in all fields.
- Hands on cooking.
- Training, supervising, and motivating the team.
- Participating in the selection, hiring, and promotion of potential cooks, dishwashers, and other back of the house positions.
- Effective and efficient kitchen operations in absence of superior chefs (days off, vacation, etc.).
- Inspecting cleanliness and organization of kitchen, prep kitchen, dishwashing area, and pastry kitchen to comply with the high standards of the Health Department.
- Assisting in weekly inventory of total kitchen small wares and kitchen equipment.
- Ordering and inspecting all food to insure compliance with federal and state standards, as well as internal quality standards. Must be able to fully manage the food safety program of the organization.
- Maintaining labor and food cost at all times.
- Minimum 4 years of culinary experience or 2 years as a Sous Chef in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume.
- Managerial experience with the ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting techniques.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and customers; able to give direction as necessary.
- Impeccable service standards, clean work habits with a great attention to detail.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), & (POS) systems.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.