Sous ChefStoryPoint of Waterville
As a Sous Chef, you will be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in successfully managing all aspects of the culinary and dining department.
- Fine dining experience required
- Working towards Sous Chef Certification or comparable work experience
- Must demonstrate proven leadership abilities, strong organization, and time management skills
- Assist Executive Chef in hiring, coaching, and performance management for culinary operations
- Directly supervises all culinary staff
- Assist Executive Chef in managing and training culinary and dining personnel
- Supervises culinary staff regarding product quality, portion, cost controls, scheduling, and staffing
- Responsible for quality of food served by tasting items and plate presentation
- Assists with menu planning and development and ordering of food supplies
- Prepare and cook meals to order
- Responsible for managing the culinary department in absence of the Executive Chef
- Assist Cooks as needed
- When necessary, steps in to assist during emergencies or rush periods
- Achieve 100% resident satisfaction through plate presentation and taste
- Circulate all dining rooms during meal times daily for resident feedback
- Supports the mission, values, and vision of Senior Village Management
Serving is our Business
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
StoryPoint and Independence Village have over 35 years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. It’s this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to shine, every day.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials