Open Until Filled
This position supervises, monitors and provides direction to youth during general daily activities at the Wyoming Cowboy ChalleNGe Academy through positive role modeling.
The Wyoming Cowboy ChalleNGe Academy is located at the National Guard Training base in Guernsey, WY. The volunteer program is for at-risk boys and girls in the age range of 16 to 18 years old who are looking to develop values, life skills, education and self-discipline necessary to succeed as an adult. Emphasis is on respect, self-control, self-esteem, education and development of a healthy lifestyle.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-8121
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Monitors and oversees the daily activities of the youth in areas such as study time, meals work details and physical training.
- Promotes a supportive, corrective and professional learning environment to enhance emotional, physical and behavioral development.
- Provides leadership to a unit through disciplinary actions, setting and enforcing standards and guidelines, and ensuring academic support is provided.
- Ensures youth are meeting and participating in the program components.
- Determines and assesses youth progress within the program.
- Responsible for professional verbal and written communication and effective team work.
- Assesses behavior and recommends interventions to the counseling and senior staff.
- Participates in youth disciplinary process.
- Responsible for Drill & Ceremony (D & C), marching Cadets and teaching/training within established Military Standards.
- Responsible for demonstration and participation in routine daily physical exercise (PT).
- Conduct security checks, barracks and uniform inspections and ensure safety of Cadets.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Guernsey, Wyoming
Agency: 007-Wyoming Cowboy ChalleNGe Academy