The massage therapist administers professional massage and body treatments with an emphasis on cleanliness, sanitation, and excellent customer service beyond expectations to the guests.
Round Rock, TX Applicant Note: To be determined based on state laws and regulations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: See notes above for each State License needed under Job Summary.
REQUIRED SKILL: Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in all expected spa skill sets. Must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and will be willing to train in the spa's specific massage and body treatment offerings. Must possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills.
Must possess excellent communication and listening skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of the guests. Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills, enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality. Must be a team player. Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE: Must have basic computer knowledge such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic internet search skills.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of 2 years of massage experience needed. One year of specialized experience working in a spa or salon is a must, or directly related experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and training in spa and salon services is helpful.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required; that could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
* Light work -- exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly and have a willingness to make decisions.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
* Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations; and maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
* Must be able to treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
* Ability to adapt to changes quickly; with the ability to change your approach or method to best fit the situation during frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
* Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner; analyzing information quickly, and have the ability to reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; responding empathetically but with resort profitability and operational needs in mind.
* Ability to listen to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control and remaining open to others' ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
* Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
* Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
* Answer telephones and book appointments as needed.
* Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training guests in these areas.
* Actively promote home care programs, meeting minimum retail sales goals.
* Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa's policies and procedures.
* Perform prep work and properly clean and restock work areas as required. Assist with the overall cleaning duties of the spa as a whole.
* Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
* Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
* Handle guests' questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
* Provide accurate appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
* Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
* Be familiar with the organization of the entire resort and know the function of each department.
* Comply at all times with Kalahari Resort standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient resort operations.
* Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions at all Kalahari Resort properties.
* Be familiar with all in-house groups and activities at all Kalahari Resort properties.
* Ensure that all work, services and reservations are exact, thorough, complete, and conformant to policies and procedures of Kalahari Resorts.
* Address errors, complaints, and feedback from guests and relay information to proper personnel, as well as share the customer feedback to improve service.
* Must understand importance of keeping all guest information confidential.
* Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other departments within the resort.
* Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
* Maintain a clean work area; dust shelves, restock and remove robes, drop and pickup laundry, and fill refrigerators with water as needed.
* Observe safety and security procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
* Attend meetings/training as required by management and participate in Daily Promise meetings.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE JOB DESCRIPTION AS STATED ABOVE AND ACCEPT THAT ANY OF THE TASKS MAY BE MODIFIED OR CHANGED. I ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR KNOWING THE MODIFICATIONS AND / OR CHANGES IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION. I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB AS LISTED ABOVE, WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled