Are you a good communicator? Can you assimilate data quickly, concisely and work well under pressure? Are you a self-motivated, safety minded, team player? If you answered yes and have knowledge and understanding of IP networks and networking, you should consider this position for a Space Network Forecast/Resource Scheduler in Las Cruces, NM.
You’ll be responsible for scheduling WSC and TDRS Resources based on weekly SN customer Schedule/Add Requests (SARs) in order to meet customer support requirements. You’ll also verify availability of these resources, perform and assist with conflict resolution with SN customers and local WSC and TDRS resources.
What you’ll do…
- Coordinate with all internal and external customers and network elements to schedule activities on any operational system at WSC.
- Review the activity requirements and the current WSC schedule to determine possible impacts and the most appropriate timeframe in which to conduct the requested activity.
- Maintain and update the WSC Daily Schedule and the WSC Long Range Calendar.
- Prioritize and coordinate customer requests for Space Network resources to meet spacecraft mission requirements, network testing activities and demand maintenance requirements.
- Perform conflict resolution with the customer community and coordinate support with NASA ground stations and TDRSS to ensure mission objectives are met.
- Perform forecast conflict resolution with the customer community and coordinate support with NASA ground stations and TDRSS to produce a forecast schedule.
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with the customer community to resolve conflict situations.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You have an Associate degree (or equivalent) in a technical field.
- You spent 3 years working in NASA Ground or Space Network.
- You have strong verbal and written communication, and coordination skills.
- You can effectively interact with customers and network elements to schedule appropriate resources.
- You know how to use a desktop computer and computer software such as MS windows, MS Office, MS project.
- You're great at problem-solving skills and function well in a very dynamic environment.
- You have the flexibility to work non-standard schedule.
- You have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
It’d be even better if you…
- You have a 4-year technical degree and 5 years’ experience working in NASA Ground or Space Network.
- Understand or have knowledge of spacecraft systems and mission planning.
- Your organizational and time management skills are exemplary.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers – with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you’ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.