At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The Xilinx Aerospace and Defense (A&D) vertical marketing team, which is responsible for Xilinx A&D revenue, profitability and the development of Xilinx’s A&D leadership strategy and market penetration, is seeking a Space System Architect. This vertical marketing team is also responsible for product and solutions (including IP, software and development boards) planning for the A&D market, ecosystem partner development and management, and market strategies. This organization is also responsible for managing long-term strategic space customer relationships and continued profitable growth within the space business.
TheSpace System Architectwill report to the A&D Vertical Market’s Director. The role focuses on the strategic application of Xilinx product technology in the Space market for commercial, civil, and government missions and satellite programs. Responsibilities include understanding market trends and needs, defining targeted solutions, developing specific customer and project architectural proposals, and engaging with key Xilinx space ecosystem partners. The role includes working closely with sales, A&D marketing and headquarters personnel to identify and develop compelling value propositions for our customers that support the continued long-term growth of the Xilinx Space business.
- Provide space technical expertise for satellite systems in terms of bus & payload design, system architecture, and applications, to sales teams calling on space customers
- Work closely with Xilinx engineering and operations to define and specify future Xilinx Space products and manage rollout
- Identify and characterize, through technical analysis, specific Xilinx value propositions that can positively differentiate Xilinx products from other (e.g. ASSP, FPGA, ASIC) products in the target space segments. Work collaboratively with sales and marketing to communicate and exploit identified value propositions.
- Prioritize and guide strategic A&D Space segment partners through the definition and development of targeted products and solutions (Space devices, IP, Software, Reference Designs, and Targeted Design Platforms) aligned with customer and market challenges that will enhance the overall value proposition of Xilinx products and increase Xilinx product penetration over ASSP, FPGA, ASIC, DSP, and SOC alternatives.
- Monitor and manage progress at partners where space solutions funding is invested to subsidize development toward space customer’s needs and goals.
- Develop and maintain key technical relationships with strategic space customers to complement existing or developing sales and marketing relationships. Leverage these relationships to identify customer challenges, needs and be able to influence customer architectures and roadmaps in favor of Xilinx.
- Develop and communicate space market requirements relevant to future Xilinx products, specifically for radiation tolerant devices using advanced technology silicon nodes, thermal solutions and packaging.
- Provide insight on the space market and customer trends, needs, challenges, and segmentation.
- Provide Space strategic input into the A&D business plan and demonstrate ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and lead through influence
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineeringor similar technical field.
- 10+ years experience working at a company working directly on Space programs.
- Technical expertise in the application of VLSI semiconductors with a working knowledge of embedded processing systems. Familiarity with application of FPGA technology desired.
- Knowledge of Space electronics market, trends, and applications. Direct experience with command and data handling, bus, and payload applications and overall space system architectures required.
- Experience with Single Event Upset (SEU) mechanisms and mitigation design techniques required.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning market, technological and business trends, software ecosystem, and emerging applications.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in highly cross-functional and geographically dispersed organization.
- Must be a strong team player and very self-motivated individual
- US Citizenship required, Must be able to qualify for a secret clearance
- Job location is Xilinx’s headquarters in San Jose, CA,
- Travel required (~25% Local (NA), ~5-10% International)