SPD Case Cart Coordinator / Educator
Are you a certified Sterile Processing Technician with excellent communication and leadership skills? The SPD Case Cart Coordinator/Educator is responsible for coordinating the complete case cart cycle for the purpose of maintaining a smooth functioning system that maximizes the efficiency of the provision of instruments for the OR team by the SPD staff.
- Coordinate the delivery of all carts and equipment to the Operating Room in time for the scheduled cases.
- Coordinate the orientation of all new hires in the SPD department and be responsible for the training and oversight of each new employee as they rotate through each work area.
- Make rounds to designated areas to collect items, receive soiled items in decontamination area, and decontaminate reusable instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- Fill requests for medical/surgical supplies, procedure trays and patient equipment, prepare instruments and reusable items for packaging prior to sterilization and restock procedure carts.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of prior Central Service experience required.
- Accuracy and are detail oriented and have the ability to interpret AAMI Guidelines and follow established procedures.
- An active Sterile Processing Technician Certification.
- Sterile Processing Management Certification preferred.
- The ability to read, interpret and understand charts and gauges associated with sterilization equipment.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills to interrelate effectively with Surgeons, OR, Nursing and SPD Staff.