SPD TECH II Certified
The SPD Tech receives/retrieves, cleans, assembles and sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies from all areas of the Hospital; prepares and dispenses medical/surgical patient supplies to all areas of the Hospital.
- Preparing instruments and specialty instrument trays for packaging prior to sterilization.
- Prioritizing the assembling of instrument sets according to Departmental needs.
- Making rounds to designated areas to collect items.
- Receiving soiled items in decontamination area of S.P.D. and decontaminating reusable instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Preparing patient equipment for use.
- Filling requests for medical/surgical supplies, procedure trays and patient equipment.
- Certified through a national sterile processing program recognized by New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
- One to two (1-2) years of prior Central Service experience desirable, which may include at least 6 months experience as SPD Tech I.
- Experience must include knowledge of Orthopedic, Vascular, Neuro and ENT instrumentation.