The Washington State Gambling Commission (WSGC) is recruiting for a full-time Special Agent within our Tribal Gaming Unit. Special Agents are limited jurisdiction law enforcement officers and are exemp from state civil service rules.
This position is responsible for enforcing gambling laws and the regulation of tribal-state compacts through onsite visits to tribal casinos throughout the state. This position will be assigned to a home office in either North King, Snohomish, Skagit, or Whatcom County.
As a Washington State law enforcement officer, Special Agents are required to complete a basic law enforcement academy. If you do not currently hold a law enforcement certification, you will have the opportunity to attend the Basic Law Enforcement Academy through the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission.
Special Agent starting salary ranges from $56,772 - $72,696 annually, depending upon your education and experience, with steady increases up to a maximum of $80,256.
NOTE: 5% Premium Pay will be added to salary if duty station is in King County
Who We Are
The Washington State Gambling Commission is a state accredited, limited-jurisdiction law enforcement agency whose mission is to protect the public by ensuring that gambling is legal and honest. We are the second oldest gambling agency in the country and the only statewide agency that licenses and regulates an estimated $3.5 billion gambling industry comprised of Tribal, commercial, and nonprofit businesses.
Why Join Our Team?
When asked to provide a few words to describe our agency, our employees used these:
* Flexible * Supportive * Family Oriented * Variety * Teamwork
* Fun * Unique * Collaborative * Professional * Work-life Balance
* Strong Sense of Community * People First * Opportunities to learn
Our employees are our most important asset and we are looking for highly talented individuals to join our team. We offer:
- Interesting and challenging work, including a wide range of criminal and administrative investigations, regulatory field work, and working with local and state agencies;
- Paid law enforcement training and tuition reimbursement programs;
- Flexible work schedules, 160 hours within a 28-day work period;
- A working environment that supports diversity;
- Agency furnished equipment, including a take home vehicle and firearm;
In addition to the benefits listed on the "Benefits" tab, Gambling Special Agents have the following benefits:
- Agency furnished equipment, including firearm and take home vehicle.
- Flexible work schedule of 160 hours within a 28-day work period.
- Paid law enforcement training and broad developmental opportunities, including a tuition reimbursement program.
To learn more about our agency, we invite you to visit our website at WSGC.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: King County - Multiple Locations, Washington
Agency: Gambling Commission