Personal Services Contractor
U. S. Department of State
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
Years of Experience: 3+ Years
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Salary: $96,970 to $126,062
Number of Positions: One
THIS IS A NON-PERMANENT POSITION. THE INCUMBENT DOES NOT ACQUIRE COMPETITIVE OR EXCEPTED SERVICE STATUS FROM THIS POSITION.
The incumbent of this position reports to the Chief of Staff, and in the absence or vacancy thereof to the Deputy Chief of Staff of the Global Engagement Center (GEC). The Global Engagement Center operates under the broad policy direction of the White House, National Security Council and Interagency leadership.
The incumbent serves in a multifunctional, dynamic role as one of the principal staffers for the Coordinator, the Deputy Coordinators, and the Chief of Staff.
The incumbent will:
- At the direction of the GEC’s leadership, prepare Action Memos, Information Memos, talking points, call sheets, briefing materials, and other written materials as requested.
- Work in close collaboration with the Chief of Staff and the entire front office team in support of the GEC Coordinator’s objectives.
- Support and guide the GEC’s Staff Assistant and OMS on matters of scheduling, preparing the GEC leaders for upcoming meetings, and clearing documents across the State Department and with the interagency.
- Serve as the backup to the GEC’s Staff Assistant.
- Attend Senior Staff meetings, as appropriate, to provide information when called upon and to note any requests for information and action made by GEC leaders and follow-up on those requests.
- Draft documents concerning efforts to counter propaganda and disinformation in a way that allows external stakeholders to understand the significance of the information and identify opportunities to take action.
- Cultivate, and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues, experts, embassies, consulates, the U.S. interagency, policy committees, and foreign partners, as appropriate, and leverage these relationships to share information of interest.
- Perform other unspecified analytical duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Clear, concise writing skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, including ability to think strategically.
- Strong, timely, and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to execute senior-level guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to accomplish strategic goals using metrics and other measures of effectiveness to track progress.
- Facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Ability to support group decisions and solicit perspectives from coworkers.
- Ability to promote information sharing practices across the GEC and the Department.
- Interpersonal, problem-solving skills, negotiating, and resolving controversial issues.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team or collaborative environment, and mentor junior colleagues.
Why Work For Us?
The most mission of the Department of State’s Global Engagement Centeris to “direct, lead, synchronize, integrate and coordinate efforts of the Federal Government to recognize, understand, expose, and counter foreign state and non-state propaganda and disinformation efforts aimed at undermining or influencing the policies, security, or stability of the United States and United States allies and partner nations.”Be a part of our mission to address this emerging and serious national security challenge.
Salary & Overseas Allowances
In addition to the incumbent’s base salary, he/she will be eligible for overtime pay if approved by GEC leadership.
Annual & Sick Leave
The individual selected will earn annual and sick leave in accordance with U. S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) regulations, which starts at 4 hours of annual leave and 4 hours of sick leave per pay period. The employee will be paid for federal holidays that fall within their regularly scheduled tour of duty. Those entering on duty with prior military service and/or federal civilian service can credit their years of service for higher annual leave accrual rates. Please submit a copy of your most recent DD-214 form and/or SF-50 for consideration for higher annual leave accrual rates.
Health & Life Insurance Reimbursement
Personal Services Contractor may be provided a maximum of up to seventy-two percent (72%) against actual costs of their annual health and life insurance premiums. Eligibility for reimbursement requires evidence of enrollment in a qualifying health insurance plan and proof of actual payment of the associated health insurance premiums.
Government Furnished Property
The Department of State will provide the professional servicescontractor with a computer workstation and access to existing applications (e.g., e-mail, MS Office Suite, etc.), adequate office space, and telephone service. The Department will also provide printers, faxes, and copiers. Telephones may only be used in accordance with Federal Guidelines and Standards to conduct DoS related business. Government furnished computer equipment and use of office equipment (such as faxes, copiers) will be provided.
The Department will provide computer storage space on the Department’s unclassified network to host the professional service employee deliverables. All deliverables (e.g., documented procedures, customized software, applications and enhancements) are the property of the Department of State and will be returned to the Department of State upon completion of the support services.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required of the incumbent personnel assigned to this task order. All travel will be on an as needed basis, and must be authorized and coordinated, in advance, pending availability of funds. No more than a few days of travel per year are expected.
The incumbent shall be responsible for arranging their travel. All travel is receipt reimbursable in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations. All travel arrangements must comply with the GSA allowances for per diem and lodging rates.
Period of Performance
The period of performance will be one year from contract award with 4 one year option periods.
The GEC shall have perpetual rights to all raw data and deliverables resulting from work performed under this content
How to Apply:
Please apply through Monster and submit the following as three separate attachments:
1) Cover letter
3) A list of at least three professional references
Failure to submit a complete package may disqualify the applicant from consideration.
You will be evaluated against the requirements outlined in this announcement, so the resume and cover letter should demonstrate that you meet the required qualifications above to undertake this position.
The GEC expects to screen and interview candidates within 30 days of close of announcement. ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED. Offers of employment will be dependent on ability to obtain security clearance through the Department of State’s Diplomatic Securitybureau.
Note: This is a Personal Services Contract. This is NOT a federal direct-hire position.
Vacancy announcement will close at Midnight on January 4, 2019
Annual and Sick Leave Benefits; Health and Life Insurance Reimbursement