Noblis ESI is hiring a Special Communications Systems Engineer with Top Secret SCI clearance with Polygraph in Chantilly, Virginia.
Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Specific Job Description: This position is part of a team of SETA working a specific program within the customer's portfolio of programs. The position will have various SE assignments related to the acquisition of additional capabilities and other activities in support of the customer program office. In particular this position has responsibilities associated with outreach to end users and key stakeholders and coordination of end-to-end system testing. The position may require occasional OCONUS travel to test site locations and may involve hands on work with test equipment. Additionally, the position may require working with systems users to help train them on systems operation and better understand their requirements for interfacing with the system. The program is very dynamic and will often have new systems modifications/upgrades that need to get defined, developed and integrated into the systems. This position may be assigned to a multitude of SE related tasks dealing with all aspects of acquiring new capabilities for the system.
· Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions.
· Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS or 8 to 10 years with MS or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Required Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
- Technical BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree. Four years of space communications systems development, acquisitions, or operations can substitute.
- Basic understanding of space-based RF communications methods, hardware/software
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers providing detailed and unbiased feedback, guidance, and recommendations
- Good time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be proactive and forward leaning
- 6 years of experience with Commercial/Government acquisition of satellite/ground segment hardware/software or satellite based special communications field set hardware/software.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science.
- Prior experience as a SETA with NUO IC customer work with requirements and other related readiness processes.
- Prior SETA or development experience with RF based satellite communications.
- Some experience working development of ground segments as part of overall space based mission.
- Any experience Digital Signal Processing and processing segment hardware/software systems and waveform development
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, hairstyles historically associated with race or other characteristics protected by law.