Emerald Ridge High School
Open until filled
Please be advised that this position is a re-post and all internal bidders will receive the same consideration as external bidders at this time.
Hours: 5 hours per day
Days: Monday - Friday (Includes collaboration hour) (9:00 - 2:30)
Calendar: 190 days includes 10 holidays
Flexibility to ride bus. May work primarily with one student. .
See calendars, job descriptionand salary schedule for this position at: https://www.puyallup.k12.wa.us/cms/One.aspx?portalId=141151&pageId=3806827
To expedite employment processing, please make certain that your professional references are current or former supervisors. In addition, please contact the reference and ask they respond as soon as possible.
Minimum employment requirements
Beginning with the school year 2019-20, all hired paraeducators must meet the following minimum employment requirements:
- Be at least eighteen years of age and hold a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Have received a qualifying score on the Education Testing Service (ETS) paraeducator assessment
- Hold an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Have earned 72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits at the 100 level or higher at an accredited college or university
- Have completed an apprenticeship as a paraeducator, in a program registered with the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council