Academy 360 is a Health and Wellness Public Charter Elementary School in Montbello that serves preschool through 5th grade, eventually expanding to serve cradle to career. At Academy 360, we are driven by the mission to develop students’ minds, bodies, and characters so they may lead healthy and fulfilling lives in school, college, and beyond. Our vision is to set a new precedent for what a school offers its community.
We are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher:
- Lead instructional authoring of daily IEP lesson planning;
- Collaborate with general education classroom teachers to ensure curriculum reaches all learners;
- Write goals and objectives for Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), using Enrich and support teachers with implementation;
- Administer and interpret individual formal and informal assessments and measure student achievement of and progress toward their objectives and goals;
- Provide direct support for students with high needs, both in the classroom and in small groups (literacy, math, or social-emotional skills);
- Create progress reports to parents as stated in IEP, maintain timely communication with all parents/guardians regarding progress and provide a clear picture of curriculum and high expectations;
- Participate (and often lead) in IEP meetings and provide necessary documentation as required and requested;
- Coordinate evaluations, assessments and services for students with Specific Learning Disabilities, Emotional Disabilities, Health Impairments, and Autism Spectrum Disorders;
- Organize and maintain all required paperwork for assigned students and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations;
- Respond in timely manner to parent and staff requests and provide consultations on students as needed;
- Support Special Education Interventionist;
- Develop strong relationships with students, families and staff.
Staff receives the following benefits and perks:
- Engage in passionate, rigorous instructional coaching cycles with scheduled observations, feedback, and supports with the Director of Teaching & Learning;
- Achieve a high trajectory of educator growth through tailored professional development opportunities in alignment with instructional goals;
- Collaborate in a learning environment with generous amounts of planning time, including more autonomy to meet deadlines and expectations. Additionally, teachers can early release twice a month on Fridays at 2pm should they choose;
- Participate in a two-week Academy 360 Summer Institute; new staff members receive two additional days of onboarding to learn the “A360 Way”;
- Receive academic supports from Academic Interventionists focusing on small group instruction for students both Below Grade Level and Significantly Below Grade Level;
- Contribute to a strong culture within a small staff community committed to valuing the human capital brought by all staff members;
- Be a change agent in the school that is a national model and touchstone for health and wellness infused education, developing whole children so they may realize their unique academic and personal potential;
- Participate in regular staff wellness opportunities, including “Wellness Wednesdays”;
- Work in the “beautiful mountain” neighborhood of Montbello in Denver, geographically nestled between Stapleton, Park Hill, Aurora, Commerce City and Green Valley Ranch.
The ideal candidate will have:
● Colorado State Certification, K-6 Special Education (or same qualifications in another state, with the ability to be credentialed in Colorado) – required;
● Experience teaching in an urban setting;
● Proven effectiveness, or passion for leading students from low-income backgrounds to significant academic gains;
● Proven ability to plan and implement standards-based curricula;
● Proven ability to contribute to a high-performing team, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Knowledge of child development and best practices for teaching, along with experience in primary classrooms;
● Demonstrated commitment to and thirst for continuously improving teaching through rigorous coaching and professional development and a data-focused mindset about their practice;
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively informally and formally with individuals and families of diverse make-up, cultures and communities;
● We especially welcome bilingual applicants (Spanish/English), and applicants from the Far Northeast Denver neighborhoods.
Salary is aligned with DPS' new salary schedule with a comprehensive benefits package including a monthly contribution to health insurance and full covered dental and vision; the ideal person will begin on August 1st.
Academy 360 is inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported. Academy360 seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization.
To Apply: Please visit www.Academy-360.org to learn more about Academy 360, and send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.