The Davidson School is an Approved Private School for students, ages 3 through 21, with special needs, licensed and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. All students are referred to the Davidson School by their local school district. Students receive special education instruction and related services identified in their Individualized Education Program (IEP). These related services may include: physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, psychological and vision services, positive behavior support and school health services. The Davidson School provides a highly structured classroom environment with a low student-to-staff ratio. All transportation is provided by the referring school district. Davidson School offers programming for students with:
• Autism Spectrum Disorders/Asperger's Syndrome
• Mental Retardation
• Neurological Impairments
• Vision and Hearing Impairments
• Social-Emotional and Behavioral Challenges
• Medically Fragile Conditions
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The teacher will be responsible to implement program goals and provide educational instruction to students in the Education Division/Davidson School as prescribed in the student's Individual Educational Plan and in accordance with the Pennsylvania Department of Education regulations.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Supervisor
CONTACTS: Elwyn personnel, parents, school district and agency personnel.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree and a Pennsylvania Department of Education teacher's certification.
EXPERIENCE: Prefer experience working with children with special needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires good health, ability to aid in use of physical restraint of lifting clients.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Some disagreeable aspects (e.g. toileting clients).
HAZARDS: Possibility of injury from using physical restraint or lifting clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the development of the Individual Education Plan.
• Responsible for the development of Instructional plans and related activities.
• Responsible for the implementation of appropriate instructional activities for students.
• Maintenance of appropriate student conduct.
• Participates in student staffing, meetings and conferences
• Participates in student supervision duties outside of the classroom.
• Responsible for the maintenance of student attendance and student-related records.
• Participates in in-service training and professional development.
• Participates in program projects and student activities.
• Provides for student's health and welfare.
• Maintenance of professional conduct toward students and other faculty members.
• Responsible for being aware of current diagnostic and educational information.
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled