HUMAN NEEDS, NOT JUST SPECIAL NEEDS
As a Special Educator, we know that you share our commitment to put the needs of individual students above all else. You take enormous pride in such fulfilling, dedicated work. You believe that every student possesses unique abilities and areas of challenge. You know that student success requires that we place them at the forefront of everything we do, everything we say, and everything we believe. We purposely fulfill human needs, not just special needs. If that alone sparks your interest and says “that’s me!” – then reach out and learn more by applying.
Being a special educator with Desert Choice Schools is unlike any other opportunity. Here, you’ll explore your passion for education while being a part of a small classroom culture where students learn "personal empowerment, self-determination and resiliency through a mind-frame of personal accountability." You’ll be a part of an organization that assists students with REAL, LASTING, LIFE-CHANGING experiences.
Four areas of accountability we pledge to you:
- Professional Pay– Our compensation package is competitively one of the best for level and experience.
- Comfortable Workload– Be assured that at DCS we limit the number of students and age per classroom while providing your classroom with two Behavior Technicians, along with support from Site Administration, Clinical Specialist (e.g. BCBA, School Psychologist and/or Counselor), and Related Services support staff.
- Support for the Work – At DCS we provide structured training as well as ongoing development programs. We want every Desert Choice School teacher to feel like respected and supported contributors.
- Passion for the Profession– At DCS, you’ll work collaboratively with others in the field of Special Education and Behavior Therapy. We have a culture of individuals who love children, and display a dynamic passion for their profession in their schools and communities.
Five areas of accountability we ask you to dedicate to students:
- Case manage and implement your students Individual Education Programs
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assist in assessing dynamic curricular needs and offering plans for improvement to provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Implement our Positive Behavior Support Program which will provide the support necessary for students to make dynamic life-changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree and teaching experience
- Any of the following:
- Valid State of Arizona Special Education Certification (Cross Categorical or Mild/Moderate)
- Valid State of Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate
About Desert Choice Schools
Desert Choice Schools is a state-approved private therapeutic day school. We utilize a highly-structured, school-wide Positive Behavioral Supports program that teaches students Academic, Social, Emotional, Functional, Adaptive, and Problem-Solving skills. All DCS teachers and support staff are trained in a unique methodology that assists students with the development and maintenance of these skills. We are a tight-knit team that values colleagues who exhibit collaboration, integrity and the desire to make a difference in the lives of students who struggle, and who share a passion to help children and their families.
We offer a competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan, including 401(k), paid holidays, tuition assistance, and personal time off.
Learn It Systems/Desert Choice Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be presently eligible to work in the United States.