Openings as of 7/10/2020
- Special Education Teacher - High School - Long Term Substitute
- Position Type:
High School Teaching/Special Education Teacher
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
open until filled
Kasson-Mantorville High School is seeking to hire a HS Special Education teacher long-term substitute beginning approx 11/2/20 - 1/22/21. The ideal candidate would be a dynamic and innovative team player who is committed to building relationships with students while personalizing the learning environment.
We are located between the cities of Kasson and Mantorville. Kasson is the home of a vibrant downtown district and Mantorville is known for its historic presence in SE Minnesota. The communities are fifteen minutes from downtown Rochester, home of the Mayo Clinic and IBM and approximately one hour south of the Twin Cities.
Kasson-Mantorville is a growing school district of 2,100 students, with numerous co-curricular and extracurricular programs and club opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a Minnesota Teaching License.
JOB GOAL: Develops lesson plans, conducts classroom instruction, evaluates and assesses both instructional material and student performance, meets with parents and guardians, interprets student progress and informs parents and guardians about student strengths, weaknesses and programs.
1. Teaches district approved curriculum.
2. Develops and plans instructional activities, lesson plans and/or individual educational plans.
3. Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
4. Assesses student performance and behavior and provides documented evidence of such.
5. Is available to administrators, parents, guardians and/or students outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
6. Maintains accurate and complete records as directed.
7. Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
8. Is responsible to be knowledgeable about all district policies and the master agreement.
9. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management.
- Position Type: