Special Education Teacher - Magna Vista High School
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: School Principal
Performs difficult professional work preparing and providing training and instruction to children with disabilities, individually and in groups; motivating students to develop skill in assigned subject matters; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the school principal and coordinator of special education.
This is light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects, and some medium work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, feeling, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise, and hazards.
- Teaching and training students with disabilities; motivating students to achieve maximum potential. Assesses and evaluates needs of students;
- Develops individualized educational programs and lesson plans;
- Translates lesson plans into learning experience based on needs and abilities of students;
- Provides instruction in individual or group sessions;
- Provides positive role model to students, teachers and demonstrates appropriate behavior and socialization skills; Formulates and implements behavior modification programs;
- Establishes and maintains standards of behavior;
- Evaluates students' progress, maintains appropriate records, prepares progress reports;
- Maintains professional competence through inservice education and self-selected professional books and instructional materials;
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional materials;
- Participates in curriculum development programs, faculty committees and student activity sponsorship as required; Performs related tasks as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university. Must have or be eligible for a teacher license from the Virginia Department of Education.
Position will be posted until filled.
HENRY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.