Special Education Teacher
- Hyde Park Day School is the premier school for bright students with learning disabilities in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Teachers engage students in 5:1 student to teacher groupings.
- We admit only bright students with learning disabilities and screen for behavioral and emotional concerns.
- Hyde Park Day School is a Wilson Language Training partner school. We train and certify our staff as part of our comprehensive professional development program.
ABOUT Hyde Park Day School
Hyde Park Day School is a full-day school program that offers specialized, educational curriculum for students, ages 6 to 15, with moderate to severe learning disabilities and who have average to above average intelligence. Hyde Park Day School has campuses throughout the Chicago area including Hyde Park/Woodlawn, Northfield, and Lemont.
We believe that the complex nature of significant learning disabilities requires a program that focuses on the remediation of fundamental skills, the development of strategies to compensate for learning challenges and the use of appropriate accommodations.
- Alow student-to-teacher ratio
- A state-of-the-art technology program
- An integrated services approach
- Highly talented staff, all with a comprehensive professional development program
- A safe, nurturing environment designed to build self-esteem, self-confidence, and a genuine interest in learning
Hyde Park Day School is seeking to hire a full-time Special Education Teacher to play a vital role in our students' academic success. This position offers a competitive salary of $41,000-72,000/year based on experience. Our Special Education Teachers work Monday-Friday, 8:00am-3:30pm. If this sounds like the perfect teaching opportunity for you, apply today!
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid basic life and AD&D insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan with Roth option, FSA, HSA, an employee assistance program, 529 college savings program, and tuition assistance.
We are confident that you will find our school to be a child-centered and extensively rewarding place to work. We highly value our talented staff of educators and clinicians who work together to achieve a singular academic experience for the students in our care. This is why we offer top pay, generous benefits, and a supportive work environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- LBS1 certified
- Experience in elementary education and/or a core content area in secondary education
Are you passionate, patient, and committed to providing a meaningful and engaging classroom? Have you been searching for a teaching position where you can make a difference? If so, you may be perfect for this position!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position as a Special Education Teacher, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!