LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Lifesaving Care: Development Makes It Possible
Ranked #1 in New York and among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is one of the largest and most comprehensive health care institutions in the world. Our talented development professionals help ensure that we will have the resources to deliver the finest, most advanced patient care well into the future. We have launched a $2 billion capital campaign for key priorities that will maintain the Hospital’s excellence in patient care, education, and translational research. We invite you to join our team and help us reach our campaign goal.
Special Events Coordinator - Office of Development
Under direction of the Director of Special Events, you will manage all aspects of Hospital fundraising or campaign events and donor cultivation activities, with the goal of generating support from a variety of constituencies and most importantly raising funds to support Hospital programs. Our close-knit team engages in an impressive program of planning, ranging from recognition receptions for major donors, to informational seminars, and an annual gala for 1000+ high-profile attendees.
You will be responsible for coordinating activities related to planning, scheduling and executing all fund raising and donor cultivation events initiated by the Development Department. Serve as the primary liaison with outside services retained to assist in event planning, including consultants, caterers, printers, entertainers, etc. Monitors the performance of these vendors and assists in negotiating favorable contract terms. Review and approve all written materials for events, including direct mail pieces, invitations, sponsorship proposals and follow-up letters. Meet with heads of other Hospital departments to create new events and maximize donor support for these
- Minimum of two years of event planning experience
- Microsoft Office and fundraising databases (BENefactor, BBEC, Raiser's Edge)
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized college or university
- Minimum of three years of progressive related experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2018 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.