The Special Investigator is responsible for conducting, documenting and completing internal investigations regarding allegations of Physical, Psychological and Sexual abuse as well as issues of potential Neglect as it relates to the youth served by the agency. Investigators will be assigned investigations throughout HFA.
This is a part time position (24 hours per week), Tuesday - Friday, 11am to 5pm. Some flexibility will be needed to work outside of the set schedule if needed. The person in this role will be required to travel to various Hillside locations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Travel to all HFA locations to conduct investigations as needed.
- Work in conjunction with external regulatory and oversight agencies such as NYS Justice Center, OCFS, OMH, CPS, OPWDD and law enforcement in the notification and completion of investigative data.
- Assumes major responsibility for collecting evidence, business documents, statements and compiling of information relative to investigations in an orderly, organized and timely fashion.
- Writes completed investigation reports which will be reviewed by the appropriate review committee. Reports must be both thorough and concise. Initiates investigations in a timely manner including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Remains updated in HFA policies and keeps abreast of regulations, reporting requirements and methodology.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field, plus 3-5 years of experience working in the Child and Family Human Services field is required. A candidate with an additional 1 year of investigation experience is preferred. Candidates must have their own transportation, and the ability to travel to all HFA campuses and work sites. Candidates must also have a valid NYS driver’s license and must meet agency driving and insurance standards.