Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Health Insurance Coverage
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Assist physicians performing diagnostic procedures:
- Prepping and draping the patient
- Passing instruments, guide wires, catheters, etc.
- Monitoring patient blood pressure as directed by physician
- Maintains integrity and sterility of equipment and supplies throughout the procedure
- Selects proper technical factors and positioning to demonstrate anatomy and suspected pathology
- Utilizes immobilization devices as appropriate for the safety and comfort of the patient
- Recognizes and communicates the electrocardiographic and hemodynamic changes to the physician and appropriate staff members throughout the procedure
- Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patients condition during procedure and reports data to the appropriate person
- Performs general diagnostic procedures as necessary
- Prepares patient in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of drugs commonly used in the Special Procedures Laboratory
- Requires satisfactory completion of a formal radiological technology, surgical technology, paramedic, respiratory therapy, cardiopulmonary, or cardiovascular technology program
- Three years’ experience in an interventional laboratory or in related fields of surgical technology, paramedic, respiratory therapy, cardiopulmonary, or cardiovascular technology is required.
- BLS and ACLS certification required.
- RCIS or RCES Preferred
The Special Procedures Tech II will ensure the delivery of safe and effective patient care knowledgeable and proficient in the treatment of interventional and diagnostic cardiology and radiology for inpatients and outpatients under the direction of the Special Procedures Manager, Administrative Director and the Medical Director. This position requires intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Cardiology and Radiology. The Special Procedures Tech II will be required to act as a staff preceptor for new and existing staff.