Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77757BR Date posted 12/05/2018 City Lansing State Michigan Country US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Sr. Financial Analyst, Accounting & Controllership Specialist at our Lansing, MI campus.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities This role provides support and analysis in the following areas:
- Monthly Closing: Execute month-end close processes, prepare journal entries, provide sales and EBIT reporting, perform account analysis, and prepare account reconciliations.
- Fixed Assets: Monitor Assets-Under-Construction account to ensure proper timing of capitalization. Assist with capital appropriation requests and forecasting capital expenditures.
- Cost Accounting: Update material standards, build costs for new OEM parts and provide analysis of material price changes.
- You will assist with sales and margin analyses.
- Provide data and analysis on labor reporting.
- SOX Compliance: Assist with the annual SOX testing requirements including assessment review, testing and issue resolution.
- You will work with internal and external audit teams as required.
- Continuous Improvement: Seek ways to improve processes, help establish standard methodologies and lead standard work.
- Miscellaneous Reporting: Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis to support operations management, local finance, and East Hartford financial requirements.
- You will work on-site during traditional business hours to support finance and operations teams.
- Occasional overtime may be necessary during month-end, quarter-end and/or year-end closing cycles.
Qualification: Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience.
- 3+ years of ERP system experience, preferably SAP
- Understanding of accounting principles and business controls.
- Understanding of general cost concepts and components including manufacturing bill of materials, work order routings and operations, direct labor charging, purchased part costs, and overhead
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills to tackle complex problems and provide recommendations
- Strong social skills with the ability to work with individuals and/or teams at all levels
- Advanced skills in Excel (Pivot tables, VLookup) and proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Proven integrity, customer service, job ownership, partnership and ethical behavior Preferred qualifications:
- Advanced data mining skills (SAP, SAP Business Warehouse)
- Strong communication, business writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.