About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
The Musician's Friend business offers online sales of a broad selection of music products under the Musician's Friend and Music 123 brand names. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
The purpose of this job is to facilitate all aspects of coordinating, qualifying and processing all Enterprise digital product content, ensuring assets have accurate metadata and technical configurations, for direct processing into the DAM system, Omni-channel sites, web graphics, store graphics, and both digital & analog catalogs.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Facilitates in coordinating assets for new products, open box and special purchases by using our Intuit job management application as a system of record
* Download product images provided by vendors/suppliers as well as internal and external clients and align all content according to branding guidelines at the product type level.
* Screen, digitally optimize and associate metadata to all assets while helping to maintain a structured Digital Assets Management database
* On-board store sourced and custom photography content into the DAM with custom metadata and attributes.
* Quality assure and upload product assets to enterprise websites and other company databases
* Work with internal and external clients to facilitate their job requests, including but not limited to direct communication with our vendors in acquiring assets and or updating content
* Assist in editing all assets including, but not limited to images, logos, documents and videos
* Assist in digital assets archiving and retrieval of legacy assets
* Assist in creating digital image composites for online packages
* Additional duties and special projects as assigned
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
* Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Photo Journalism, Media Technology, Digital Media Arts, or related field.
* 2 years of relevant experience working in a production editing and/or production image processing capacity (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably in the musical instruments industry
* Skilled proficiency using Adobe Photoshop (Mac-based)
* Intermediate proficiency with a Digital Assets Management System (Adobe Scene 7, Extensis Portfolio, QuickBase FileMaker Pro, FTP sites, etc.)
* Novice understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
* Is able to multi-task and remain organized in a fast moving environment
* Skilled understanding of digital color spaces, especially working with RGB and CMYK
* Novice-level understanding of line art and raster file formats and of the issues associated with their optimal use in print and web presentation
* Intermediate proficiency in manually isolating objects in images using Photoshop
* Skilled proficiency in operating with Mac based hardware
* Basic understanding of video formatting and other digital content file types
* Knowledge in music industry products is a plus
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled