Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
This role is responsible for supporting the Americas events team in managing a portfolio of both virtual and live tradeshows and events.
Critical Duties: Project manage the event planning process both in the digital, virtual space as well as in-person tradeshows and events. For virtual events, coordinating logistics and producing events utilizing a webinar platform. For in-person events: ordering show services, managing the exhibit house and all logistics. This role would also lead cross-functional/business teams to plan and coordinate all content and promotions associated with events. Some administrative tasks including, but not limited to: manage invoice process and handle organizing payments with internal accounting tools; assist in managing exhibit house and all properties associated; assist in managing inventory.
- Coordinates all event and tradeshow logistics - - virtual and/or live
- Produce virtual events via the ON24 platform and all supporting responsibilities
- Act as administrator of the demo inventory management system and work with team lead on a deployment plan to the regions.
- Ensure the inventory management system at the exhibit house is current and updated.
- Manage, update and keep current the events landing page on the website.
- Process invoices for payment and manage/track the payables.
- Learn and act as administrator of the event management technology solution, Aventri.
- Project manage additional projects on an as-needed basis.
- Provides additional support to team members as needed. May include some administrative functions.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or equivalent work experience in fast-paced corporate Marketing or Communications department.
Extensive knowledge of and proficiency in MS Office (Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); some experience with event management technology tools (Cvent or Aventri) is preferred; experience with the ON24 (or similar) webinar platform is also preferred. Additional technologies such as inventory management tools desired.
- Working knowledge of the broader marketing function, tradeshows, event or meeting planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; sharp grammar skills. Ability to effectively and professionally present orally and in written form to all levels within the company.
- Extensive experience handling multiple projects for various customers and ensuring accuracy toward completion.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Flexibility and strength in dealing with tight deadlines and rapidly changing situations.
- Approximately less than 10% each month, possibly during the non-pandemic current work environment.
Two to five years of experience in marketing, event management, corporate communications or related experience; high-technology and/or business-to-business experience required. Prior experience in semiconductor industry a plus.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.