The Specialist- Product Management works cross-functionally under the general guidance of the Assistant Product Manager and collaboratively with the Industrial Design team to progress projects throughout the product development cycle. The ideal candidate is passionate about product development and project management with strong capabilities in managing and developing multiple product categories.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage projects across multiple product categories to meet desired business objectives.
- Develop expertise for products and processes to continuously improve the quality of work.
- Actively seek innovative ideas with competitive advantages to grow category business.
- Work jointly with Industrial Design team to perform in-depth competitive analysis and develop product specifications during project kick-off.
- Effectively communicate new product designs and revisions to the Research & Development team overseas in a timely manner.
- Understand the comprehensive project scope to identify action steps based on progress provided by the Research & Development team overseas.
- Monitor and provide post launch product feedback to overseas factories for ongoing quality improvements.
- Manage the main system platform by creating item profile, updating and maintaining product development revisions and status.
- Request R&D samples and catalogs from overseas factories and keep track of the shipments.
- Legal & Compliance Support
- Provide administrative support in maintaining company patents, trademarks, and domains info.
- Handle confidential and highly sensitive company information.
- Assist in the management of product certifications such as BIFMA, TUV, GreenGuard and others.
HOW YOU'LL GET THERE
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a focus on International Business, Business Administration and Management, Marketing or Project Management
- 2-5 years of experience in product management, project management or related field of work
- Experienced in working with cross-functional departments and international teams
- A self-motivator who embraces change and continues to raise the bar to achieve best results
- A positive thinker who enjoys working in a team environment and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and excel in time and detail management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Linguistic proficiency in Mandarin is a plus but not required
We made the first VARIDESK to help a friend with his back pain. The solution was so disruptive and successful we got a ton of requests to make more. So, we did, and we haven’t stopped since.
Our line of sit-stand desks and active office products continue to grow, and our customers now span the globe. We’re passionate about elevating people through happier, healthier, and more productive workspaces.
We’re award winners:
- Best Place to Work Top 10 – Dallas Business Journal
- National Entrepreneurs of the Year – EY
- Fastest Growing Company in DFW – SMU
We take health seriously:
- On-site gym with Peloton Cycle and daily group classes
- Comprehensive health plans
- Healthy foods and snacks
- Wellness program and insurance premium discounts
- Nicotine-free facility
We value our employees:
- All employees use VARIDESK products
- Enhanced paternity / maternity programs
- Three weeks of personal time off a year
- Offsite events and happy hours
- Short-term and long-term disability premiums covered at 100% by VARIDESK
VARIDESK provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.