Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the commercial and contractual strategy on the negotiation of goods and services for CEMEX’s manufacturing operation in the United States.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements. Develop strategies for goods and services based on an understanding of market knowledge, business requirements and balance leveraging with competition
- Develops negotiating strategy with input from internal customers, acts as key commercial expert during negotiations, acts as primary contact for target suppliers.
- Negotiate legal and commercial terms to achieve optimal business results. Identify key contract risks and the associated mitigation strategies
- Build strong working relationships with internal customers to understand their requirements, drivers and timelines.
- Challenge operational procedures. Through the financial analysis and Total Cost of Ownership modeling process, research and/or identify ways to improve the pricing, quality, service and technology. Using collaborative creativity, bring new ideas to the table and challenge the current operational routines to identify opportunities to build positive impact changes within the organization
- Increase the overall value to the company. Through the use of financial analysis and TCO modeling, negotiate hard savings and/or benefits to lower the overall manufacturing cost to the organization. Create Key Performance Indicators to ensure supplier performance on value added benefits
- Take the lead in the implementation process. Follow the negotiations process through from “cradle to grave” including implementation to ensure that completed negotiations are fully utilized within the company and that maximum savings and benefits are realized. Leads the adoption and use of procurement technologies including e-sourcing tools
- Develop the negotiations plan. Work closely with Operations and Planning to develop and refine the negotiations strategy and plans of the region for the upcoming year. Review macroeconomic indicators to determine the prevailing market conditions and evaluate potential savings and benefits that could be available
- Manage relationships across all department lines. Professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management both inside and outside of Procurement. This will include the Operations, Supply Chain, Accounting, Legal, Risk Management, Planning and Controllership departments
- Create strategic alliances with vendors. Develop and maintain long-term supply partnerships with the vendor base to work together and find different avenues for reducing the total cost
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management, Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
- 6 years industrial procurement experience related to supply chain strategy and national negotiations
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and best practices including strategic sourcing, market analysis, contracting methodologies, risk analysis, principles of contract law and supplier performance management.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills in order to interact with suppliers and co- workers in a team-based environment
- Analytical skills to aggregate, normalize and analyze spend data to identify trends and prioritize strategic procurement opportunities. Leveraging data and non-data driven insights to develop a point of view and facilitate decision making
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, establish targets, and develop implementation plans in support of business objectives
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with various disciplines and levels within the organization
- Ability to operate efficiently in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Financial analysis - economic profit, cash flow, time value of money, make versus buy, currency, payment terms impact, etc
- Strong networking, interpersonal and teamwork/collaboration skills
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of standard business software products such as SAP, Microsoft Office
- Capable of working in an open concept office environment
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Houston