We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Specialty Pharmacy/Infusion Referral & Authorization Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of referrals for Specialty Pharmacy services including Home Infusion. This position accepts referrals from any setting: acute, physician, patients, families and other Mercy Pharmacy providers. The primary function of this role is to research and facilitate coverage for specialty pharmacy products and services through payers, manufacturer support programs and other sources. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum three years of relevant experience in pharmacy, nursing or other healthcare setting required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Registered with the Missouri Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy technician and/or registered as a licensed practical nurse by the State of Missouri.
- Other skills & knowledge: (skills, knowledge, abilities) Complies with accepted professional standards and practices. Maintains confidentially in all matters. Has excellent observation, assessment and communication skills. Has ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation and has ability to work within an interdisciplinary team. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 3 years experience as a pharmacy technician.
- Certification/Registration: Certified Pharmacy Technician with PTCB.
- Other skills & knowledge: (skills, knowledge, abilities) Experience with Epic (i.e. EHR, Willow Inpatient, Willow Ambulatory modules) and/or other Pharmacy information systems (i.e. TIMS or others); general understanding of ICD-10 coding and Medicare regulations.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.