Title*: Spectrum Certification SME
Job Location: Fort Meade, MD (or a nearby office)
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for a Spectrum Certification subject matter expert supporting the Air Force Spectrum Management Office (AFSMO). AFSMO is responsible for all Air Force spectrum management-related matters, policy and procedures Their mission is plan, provide and preserve access to the radio frequency spectrum for the Air Force and selected Department of Defense activities in support of national policy objectives, systems development and global operations. This includes obtaining spectrum access critical for all Air Force core functions, and defending Air Force spectrum access to regulatory agencies at the joint, national and international levels.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Reviews submitted DD Form 1494s/EL-CID, Application for Equipment Frequency Allocation, for completeness, correctness and consistency.
- Compares requested allocation bands with ITU and US Tables of Frequency Allocations contained in the National Telecommunications and Information Agency (NTIA) Manual of Regulations and Procedures for Federal Radio Frequency Management.
- Proactively coordinates with Service field spectrum agencies to provide guidance on the specific coordination requirements and ensure the system processing status is visible to the program offices through each stage.
- Submits applications to and coordinates with the NTIA Spectrum Planning Subcommittee (SPS) to obtain their certification of spectrum support.
- Prepares Military Communications-Electronics Board (MCEB) guidance memorandums for signature by the Chairman of the MCEB Equipment Spectrum Guidance Permanent Working Group (ESG PWG).
- Prepares Host Nation Coordination Requests (HNCR) to support geographical Combatant Command (COCOM) radio frequency equipment to be deployed in allied nations within the Areas of Responsibility (AOR) of US European Command (EUCOM), US Pacific Command (PACOM), US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), US African Command (AFRICOM) and US Central Command (CENTCOM).
- Participates in Spectrum Certification Process Improvement Working Groups to identify internal efficiencies and trends that may influence modifications to Service-level policies, procedures and/or schoolhouse training requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering
- One+ years of experience working at a federal department level spectrum office directly processing spectrum certification actions to the IRAC’s Spectrum Planning Subcommittee (SPS) for consideration.
- One+ years of experience each with IFF/ radar systems and unmanned aerial systems spectrum certification to the SPS.
- Security Clearance required: Secret
- Must be a US citizen
- Five+ combined years of experience in the field of electrical engineering and spectrum certification
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, professional demeanor,
- Excellent presentation skills, and
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.]
- Availability of positions is contingent upon contract award
- If on Fort Meade: Duty location in DISA headquarters, Building O.
- Minimal travel outside the National Capital Region
- Occasional travel within the National Capital Region
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid sick days
- Military Leave
- Professional Development
- Gym Memberships