High School Teaching/Sped Teacher/SSN
Harrison High School
184 work day calendar
Salary: $40,314 +
- Help each student learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to his/her development as a mature, capable and responsible adult.
- Provide a positive, healthy and safe environment in which the student can achieve his/her maximum potential.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of each student.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interest of the student.
- Encourage students to maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Create an engaging classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal growth.
- Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed for college and career readiness.
- Communicate clearly in verbal and written formats with students, parents, and teammates.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials to meet the needs of students.
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Administer standardized tests in accordance with district testing protocol.
- Criminal background check and District fingerprinting required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 30 pounds.
- Possess or be eligible to receive Colorado Teaching License with appropriate endorsement.
- Candidate must be endorsed in the content area, passed the PLACE or Praxis test in the content area, and/or have 24 semester credits in the content area to meet NCLB "highly qualified" status.
- Transcripts required.
Note:Each college transcript shall be authentic, original or photocopy, bearing the embossed seal of the institution, the signature of the registrar, and including descriptive titles, course numbers, credits, and grades for each course listed and degrees earned, if any. For the purpose of these Rules, credits shall be in semester hours or may be interpreted as meaning the equivalent in quarter, trimester, unit or term.
Must apply online at www.hsd2.org and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.