Job Req ID: 225441
Position Number: 00105811
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7-6:30 Two days on/off
Standard Hours: 38.50
Department Name: Speech And Audiology
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Evaluates, plans, directs and administers programs of speech-language pathology in an acute level setting, upon referral by the physician.
- Plans and conducts speech-language pathology programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence.
- Supervises Rehab Technicians, volunteers and students.
- Provides direct therapy services to patients admitted to a level of care where service provision is required 7 days a week, including holidays (acute care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility).
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family, as evidenced by documentation.
- Evaluates patients, selects and administers assessment techniques, synthesizes information to establish appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, therapeutic groups and patient education as warranted by a holistic view of the patient's diagnosis, condition, age, and contextual needs of discharge disposition.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed, modifying goals and treatment as the patient's status changes and communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited SLP program required. NC license for SLP required. Minimum of 1 year experience required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer