Speech Language Pathologist / SLP / CCC-SLP
Medical City Lewisville
PRN (As Needed)
To continuously evaluate, develop a treatment plan and conduct appropriate speech therapy management to meet the individual needs of medically referred neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients (within the therapist’s scope of practice) in an efficient, productive manner and within the guidelines of the Speech/Language Pathology Practice Act and the American Speech/Language-Hearing Association’s Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Transport patients safely.
• Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
• Ensures a current physician referral for all treatment rendered.
• Performs initial evaluations, formulates assessment and ongoing assessments, and develops a plan of care for the patient.
• Initiates and performs interventions that are appropriate for the patient’s condition.
• Patient’s objective status and response to therapeutic interventions is consistently monitored.
• All patients related interactions are appropriate for the patient’s specific needs.
• Patients are re-evaluated according to department policy and goals.
• Ensure patient’s insurance has been re-certified prior to the continuation of treatment.
• Patient charts are completed and discharged in a timely manner.
• Accepts additional patients and assists in other areas to provide good customer service.
• Arranges daily schedule of patient’s providing for the most efficient use of time, equipment and personnel.